Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blogging and disc golfing...

So I have been on the fence about joining the blogging scene for a while.... Would I have anything interesting to say? Would anyone other than Austin want to read it? Would it be something I got excited about for two weeks and then fizzled out?  Well, I am going to give it a try.  I know that at least Austin will have a blog to read for the next two weeks.  So, here goes...

Today Austin and I went disc golfing with some of the youth from our church.  It really brings back memories disc golfing at Sequoyah with our youth group.  We spent so many Sunday afternoons and free time on various disc golf courses.  I feel like Craig would be proud of us for passing down the disc golfing traditions. Our group is still learning and after hitting numerous trees and searching for discs in the woods, I think they are really making some progress.  So far we haven't lost any discs, but we also haven't played the holes with the water hazards.  Maybe one day they will be ready for that, but not yet, we don't have enough spare discs to risk that yet.


2 comments:

  1. I know what you got, a sweet blog! I'm excited to see how this blog gives you an opportunity to write and express yourself. The world needs to hear more kind, funny, hopeful voices. Can't wait for more to come.

    Love you,
    Austin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, welcome! I hope that you find the exercise of blogging to be life-giving. A space to reflect, ask questions, perhaps even a moment of Sabbath to stop and really see what is happening in and around you or to just write whatever the hell you want! I'll enjoy being on this journey with you.

    Love,
    Juli

    ReplyDelete