
Last week my friend Christie gave birth to her second child, Isaac. She is the first person outside of my family that I have been close to during a pregnancy. It was so amazing watching her through the course of her pregnancy and learning a lot about it through her. So, of course after nine months of hearing about being pregnant and then getting to hold him when he was less than 2 hours old, I have baby fever. It was unavoidable....
I have realized that God made me to be a mom, not to be a business person. While I am SO thankful to have a college degree, I had the hardest time picking a major. I think it was because deep down, I just wasn't made to pursue a career. I love being a wife, and while some aspects of being a parent are just down right frightening, I know that I will love being a mom. I also know that Austin will make an amazing dad, and I can't wait to see him with our kids. I am excited about this next stage of life and trying to be patient to wait for the right time, but like I said, I have the fever.... Plus Christie said its my turn now.
oh, lauren. i can relate completely. teaching is just tiding me over until i can have my own :)
ReplyDelete:) Yea!
ReplyDelete