On Saturday we had Sean's 2nd birthday party. He turned 2 about 5 weeks ago, but things have been so crazy around here. Between my birthday, my dad's birthday, Christmas, our anniversary, and New Year's (all in one week), we just need some time to recover. I'm not sure what we will do for future birthdays, but this worked pretty well. It gave us all some time to get past Christmas and get excited about his party. And it gave me time to plan it all and get invitations out.
For Christmas Sean got the Cars movie, and he has spent everyday since then asking to watch it. He LOVES that movie, so we decided to do a Cars theme birthday party. I found a Lightning McQueen cake pan and cookie cutters shaped like Mater and Lightning. I spent almost all day Friday baking and decorating the cake and cupcakes. I love doing that kind of stuff, but I was worn out after that.
I think Sean had a lot of fun at his party. He played with his friends, gave a drum solo several times, inhaled every bite of his cupcake (then asked for more), and loved his presents. He got lots of Cars toys for his birthday, including Lightning McQueen bedroom shoes. It was fun watching him at his party this year and seeing how much he had changed from his first birthday party. He has grown up so much since then. I love how he is becoming his own little person and finding things he really likes.
His cake looks awesome! Good job :)
ReplyDeleteYou did an awesome job with the cake and decorations and it is amazing to see Sean's personality come alive. Thanks for making our little boy's birthday so special.
ReplyDelete