Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Farm


My parents just purchased 10 acres of land near us and are in the process of building a new house. I'm so excited for them as they go through this process, and I am looking forward to having them so close by. I also know that our boys will have so many fun memories playing at their house. We have a very small yard and don't have a great place for riding bikes and running around, but they will be able to have so many adventures together at the farm.

Work started on the house yesterday, and we stopped by to see the bulldozer hard at work. Sean loved the "tractor" and was convinced my dad was the one driving it. After we left my mom talked with the man who was operating the bulldozer and he said that if we brought Sean back on a day when they were there, he could have a ride. I can't wait to see what he thinks of that!

Sean loves playing outside and every time we go to my parents' new place he runs all over the property finding sticks, rocks, and whatever else looks interesting. I love how curious he is. He doesn't pay attention to where he is going so he trips alot on the uneven ground. He usually comes home covered in mud and manure (the property was home to several horses until about a month ago), but he enjoys it so much. I usually just pull off all of his clothes as soon as we walk in the door. I know he and Joshua will have so much fun exploring at Grandma and Gramps's farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment