It's been a long couple of weeks. Sean has been having allergy problems and about the time we got that under control he got a nasty ear infection. He has had a fever close to 103, an awful cough, and just been feeling lousy. He hasn't been sleeping well and Joshua recently decided that he wanted to eat and hang out for a while a couple times a night. All of this to say...
I have not been sleeping. I don't function well without my sleep. When Sean was a newborn I napped while he napped. When Joshua was a newborn I didn't sleep at night and i didn't sleep during the day which made me exhausted and irritable. I feel like I did right after Joshua was born, like I am walking around in a fog.
A few days ago I figured out the secret to survival in times like these-- coffee. I have never liked coffee, but I was getting desperate. I bought some fancy creamer and decided to give it a try. Not only did I feel better but I got a ton of stuff done that morning (I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine, it doesn't take much to perk me up). I think it is safe to say I might never go back.
Unfortunately, I think I caught Sean's cold, or whatever he had. It doesn't look like my sleep is going to improve much anytime soon, so I guess I will just stick with the caffeine to keep me going.
Oh girl, sleep deprivation is the worst!
ReplyDelete