He has started sleeping through the night some too, which is AMAZING!!! Some nights I get 7 or 8 hours of uniterrrupted sleep, that didn't even happen in pregnancy (thanks to someone pushing on my bladder all night). Getting real sleep makes all the difference in the world, I feel like a human being again. The first few weeks with a newborn go by in a daze of sleepiness, so I am thankful to be back in the land of the living.
Something everyone keeps asking about is how our dogs have adjusted to Sean. They have been really great with him, we just have to keep an eye on him so they don't sneak in a kiss :) It's been neat seeing them accept him into the family and be so protective of him. Sean has a play mat that he likes to lie on, and anytime I put him down on it Kona is right there next to him. She doesn't mess with him, she just lies down with him and puts either her head or a paw on his mat right next to him. They also will run to the nrusery ot check on him if we ask them "where is Sean?". It is so sweet! Sometimes I wonder if Kona thinks Sean is her puppy and not my baby.
On a side note, Austin and I bought our first car together. We sold my '99 Maxima (really cool story behind this, that I think Austin is going to blog about later, so I will let him tell it) and bought an '06 Murano. My Maxima was the only car I had ever had, so I was so excited to get something new. I am really enjoying my new car, that actually has room for Sean and all of his stuff. We spent over a year saving up so that we could buy the car with cash. We listened to the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace CD's on our trip to Maine and decided to save everything we could and buy a car outright. It was such a great feeling to drive the car home and know that it was paid for and that we weren't under any financial obligations.
No comments:
Post a Comment