Thursday, June 3, 2010

What I want to do when I grow up

It only took me 25 years (and a college degree) to figure this out. Although, I'm sure it will change again as I get older. I want to open a cute little bakery that sells cakes, and cupcakes and other yummy goodies. I have always loved baking (and eating baked goods of course). Tyler (Austin's sister) and I have joked about doing this together because she wants to open a coffee shop, which would go great with a bakery. Maybe one day we will get to do that together, it sounds like something I would really love doing. There are not many jobs I can say that about.

Austin's mom and Tyler just returned from a trip to France and London and brought me back the most amazing cookbook. It's from the Hummingbird Bakery in London. I have flipped through this cookbook probably 10 ten times since I got it and have thought about making all the tasty looking treats. Needless to say, this is what has prompted this post. I can't wait to try it out, and may have to make a trip to the store today to get some supplies. The fun thing about this cookbook is that all the measurements are metric, so I am going to need to get a scale asap. I think I am going to try some cupcakes first, yummy :)


3 comments:

  1. I smell the first batch of cupcakes cooking as I write this - can't wait! I hope you get to open your bakery some day too. Maybe we'll just move to Europe for the perfect setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should totally open a bakery! I have very fond memories of your carrot cake especially. =)

    Guess what--when Winn and I were in London last month, I went to the Hummingbird bakery and had an incredibly delicious mocha cupcake. And it was the cutest little place! I wish I'd been there on Monday b/c on Mondays the special of the day is Earl Gray cupcakes. Doesn't that sound amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so neat that you got to go visit London and try out the bakery. I would love to go there sometime! Their cupcakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete