It's been a while since I have updated the blog, so here goes...
At the end of June we took Sean on his first vacation to the beach. He did great and loved the water. He was still a little young for the ocean so we spent most of our time in the pool. We stayed at Austin's grandparents' place at Isle of Palms. His parents went with us too, and we all had such a good time. Vacationing is not what it used to be, there weren't any lazy days on the beach and I didn't read 2-3 books during the week. But I did have a great time, Austin and I got to go out on a date and have some time to ourselves which was so nice.
Sean did really well on the 6 hour drive there and back. He is such a good traveller. We left super early in the morning going there, and I think that helped. I swore I would never do that to my kids when I was younger. I always hated when my dad would say we were leaving at 6 or 7 in the morning. I guess I ate those words...
We have discovered recently that Sean loves John Mayer, specifically the "Continuum" album. Almost any time that he starts crying in the car if we turn on "Waiting for the World to Change" he immediately (I'm talking within the first few beats) stops crying and gets very calm. It is so funny!! It's also really nice to know that something will work to make him happy in the car. Needless to say, we listened to a lot of John Mayer on the way to and from the beach. But it almost always worked!
Sean has been growing and learning so much. I am amazed at watching him explore his world and figure things out. He has finally mastered rolling over, but doesn't really use it to move all the room yet (it's nice that he is still pretty stationary, I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts). He is sitting up really well, and that is how he prefers to play. He has also started growling. He does this all the time, and it is so funny. I think he has been spending too much time with our dogs. Oops...
We also have started Sean on solid food. It took him a while just to master the swallowing part, but I feel like we have turned a corner recently and he is doing a lot better. There is more going in than coming down his chin. Wohoo!
I think that about sums it up :)

He is getting so big! He is still super cute :) Fun to read about milestones he's reaching- I know our little girl will be there before we know it!
ReplyDelete