October is my favorite month. The leaves are starting to change, the weather is cooling off, and summer is really coming to an end. However, this year, summer just keeps sneaking back for "one more warm front". We went to a pumpkin patch a couple weekends ago and it was miserably hot. We had so much fun, but it was so warm outside. Sean and Addison were so cute together in the pumpkin patch!!
A lot of people like October because of Halloween, but it's never been a big deal to me. I love some Halloween candy though, but not the creepy (and tacky) decorations or getting dressed up. I think the worst part of Halloween is all the scary movies that come out and the previews that get played during commercials. They have gotten scarier and scarier. I have never understood why it is so popular to make little kids scary and demonized. I am most thankful for my DVR this time of year and my ability to fast forward through the scary ones :)
This Halloween will be more fun than usual. We just got Sean his costume yesterday, and it is so cute! We had talked about dressing him as a monkey since we have been doing monkey themed stuff for him, but I couldn't find a decent monkey costume for less than $50. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $50 on an outfit he would wear once and probably be uncomfortable in. The only reason people buy costumes for babies is for the pictures. The kids don't actually trick-or-treat or have fun being dressed up, but they make the cutest pictures (see below). Sean wasn't really in the mood to try on his costume, but I couldn't resist.
More fun pictures to come!!



Sean is so darn cute! I love his lion costume. :) October really is a glorious month. If only the chilly weather would stick around for good...
ReplyDelete