I don't have a lot of hobbies, but I would consider baking and cooking to be my hobbies. That doesn't mean that every night we eat delicious 5 course meals followed by scrumptious desserts, but I do get excited about finding new recipes.
One of my favorite cookbooks is a Rachael Ray 30 minute meal cookbook. It has a lot of great recipes that don't take too long. The catch to the 30 minute meal is that it doesn't factor in cleaning up the kitchen after dinner. It always seems like I destroy my kitchen cooking her recipes. Maybe that is just my style though, because I usually make a pretty big mess in the kitchen. Her recipes are particularly messy because you are rushing and doing a lot of things at once, and there is no time for cleaning as you go.
Tonight I tried a new side dish by Rachael Ray. It's a new way to do oven crisp fries. We have tried doing fries in the oven several times now, and they never come out great. This is the first recipe that makes them crispy. She also had some suggestions for ways to season them. We tried two different seasonings tonight, and they were both good. We will definitely do these again!
No comments:
Post a Comment