Thursday, November 18, 2010

LOST

My life lately has seemed a little like living on the island from LOST. No, we don't have a smoke monster, polar bear, or wild boars showing up (just two crazy dogs), but I feel like I am living in the hatch.

For a while, Desmund and the other survivors had to enter numbers into the computer every 108 minutes or something really bad would happen. Well, Sean has this aquarium thing on the side of his crib that plays music and lights up, and lately he has only napped when the music is playing. The problem is if the music stops he wakes up, and the music only runs for 20 minutes. If Sean only sleeps for 20 minutes, something might as well have blown up. So I have been setting an alarm for 18 minutes and running to his room to restart the music. It makes all the difference in the world, he will sleep two hours this way. However, I feel like a crazy person running through the house to restart his "Cannon in D" before it shuts off and he wakes up.

The last few days I have gotten tired of restarting the music, and not being able to take a nap or do anything that takes longer than 18 minutes. It's not really a big deal, it just got old. I also didn't want him to be 5 and only be able to nap with "Cannon in D" playing in the background. So, I have been trying to see how he does with no music. So far we have done a lot better than the survivors did when they stopped pressing the button. Nothing has blown up, and that little boy has slept like a champ! Wohoo!! It's crazy the things parents will do to get their kids to sleep. I guess every parent has a story like this, and mine could probably be a lot crazier.

1 comment:

  1. that's so funny! it is crazy the things we'll do- especially if it means more sleep! glad its going ok without it.

    ReplyDelete