Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Little Drummer Boy

For Christmas Sean got an Elmo drum set from my parents. For months he had been drumming on everything in our house with anything he could make into drum sticks. He would drum with asparagus on his high chair tray, with blocks on any surface in our house, and if he couldn't find any object to turn into drum sticks, he would just use two fingers.

These are some of my favorite pictures of Sean drumming. They perfectly capture his passion. We were looking for our Christmas tree and he got inspired.




He has always loved music, but lately he has been obsessed with drumming. Even at church on Sundays he is mesmerized by the drummer. I'm pretty sure God designed my sweet boy to drum. He also loves Elmo right now , so when my mom called to tell me she had found an Elmo drum set, how could she not get it?


On Christmas when he opened his drum set, he was SO excited. I don't think he noticed his other toys and didn't really pay attention as I opened them for him. He started drumming then and hasn't stopped since. Thankfully, they aren't as loud as a regular drum set, but they are loud enough. We have tried to keep them in his room, but he likes an audience and will carry them out to the living room several times a day for us all to hear. Too bad my parents didn't buy us some ear plugs to go with the drums. I had thought the newness would wear off, but I think it is going to be a while, if it happens at all. It's a good thing he is really cute when he drums.


No comments:

Post a Comment