I don't know that I have ever been more ready to start a new year than I have been this year. 2011 was a hard year. It wasn't all bad, there were some truly good moments, but it just felt like a long year. It's been almost exactly a year since we found out I was pregnant with Joshua. We found out just a few days before we left for our 5 year anniversary trip to Breckenridge, Colorado. That trip was crazy on so many different levels, but that is another story for another day.
I have never been one to make New Year's Resolutions. I don't know if there is a good reason behind it, or if I just doubt my ability to follow through, so I never try. I don't know that I want to label them "New Year's Resolutions", but I definitely have some things I want to do differently this year.
First, I want to take more pictures, or just consistently take any pictures. We have a nice DSLR, but I am not very good at using it. I want to change that. I want to capture pictures of our everyday life, not just poses (those never work with a two year old anyways). I also want to use those pictures to occasionally update this blog, more than 4 times a year.
Second, I want to take time to enjoy Sean and Joshua. Some days I get so caught up in the things I need to get done that I don't just hang out with the boys like I want to. They are both at a a fun age right now. Joshua is Mr. Personality, he is laughing and talking all the time. He just wants to be with people, and he is such a charmer. Sean is FINALLY talking, I feel like it has taken a long time to get to this point, but he is finally expressing himself. This has been hilarious at times, but it has also cut down on the temper tantrums.
Lastly, I don't want to get pregnant :) Austin and I have joked about this being our 1 New Year's Resolution. I have been pregnant or nursing without a break since the spring of 09, that's a long time... I am ready for a break this year, and a chance to have my body to myself. I am so thankful for my family, but I want to take a break from pregnancy and nursing for a little while. My pregnancy with Joshua was scary and difficult at times, and I'm just not ready to do that again real soon.
I am looking forward to this year, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for our family.
thanks for the update! can't believe how big joshua is already. i have the same goal for the year: staying more present with meredith. it's so easy to get caught up in chores and forget why we're home in the first place.
ReplyDelete