
It is no secret that Austin and I love fried apple pies. Last fall we went apple picking a few times in Jasper, but one of the main draws was the apple orchard sells the most amazing fried apple pies. They are known for their fried apple pies, and they are so good!!
This week as I was looking through cookbooks and planning meals, I stumbled upon a recipe for Honeyed Apple-Cranberry Fried Pies. What we were eating for dinner that night became irrelevant in light of making fried pies for dessert. We don't really ever fry things, but this was an occasion where baking just wouldn't cut it.
They were so delicious!! And we put vanilla ice cream on top! We left out the cranberries because I like plain fried apple pies, but I think they would be good in there and maybe we will try that next time. This is going to be a dangerous recipe for me to have in my possession.
Oh my goodness! Those look a-mazing! Nice work, Lauren!
ReplyDelete